The United States' largest generation, Millennials aged 27-41, is a diverse group with various needs and desires. One thing most of them have in common…they're looking to buy their first home. The median age of first-time home buyers in 2022 was 36, right in the middle of the Millennial pack. To sell a home this year, you must understand and connect with them through marketing efforts. Realtors are using time-tested tactics to speak to these new homebuyers, so we want to give you some tips on using them too.
Marketers have used Dale Carnegie's strategies for over 100 years because they work. To target Millennial homebuyers, you must try his AICDC sales strategy to reach Millennials and help them close on their dream home. Here are five steps:
- Attention: To grab Millennials' attention, you must have a consistent presence in the marketplaces where they spend most of their time: social media. While flashy ads on Facebook, Instagram and Tik Tok are great, creating consistent original content is a great way to get noticed (for free!)
- Interest: Once you have their attention, give them the necessary value. Millennials buying homes for the first time crave as much information about the process as possible. Create informative content to give them the essential answers and prove your expertise.
- Conviction: You need more than just pique their interest; you must have social proof to back it up. 93% of Millennials rely on consumer reviews before purchasing, so having positive reviews online about your services is essential.
- Desire: This appeals to their base emotions as they come close to deciding to work with you. Create content that lets them imagine the happy life they want to lead through stunning pictures and captivating videos in their future dream home.
- Close: To close the deal, you need to make it as easy as possible for them to sign on with you and start the homebuying process quickly. Don't hesitate to close the deal! Sometimes, the best thing you can do is just to ask!
Using these steps, you can effectively target Millennials needing your help to find their dream home, but you don’t have to stop at Millennials. While the real estate market will continue to evolve, using these proven strategies will always be vital to reach any demographic you desire.